Thursday, March 1, 2012

Crochet Diaper Cover Tute



Yay for my first real blog post! In other news I have been working on finding a free diaper cover pattern that really worked for me and it was a pain. Lucky for me I found one over 
HERE at this wonderful blog. I used her basic pattern but changed a few things. 
So here ya go, 





Hook - I (5.5) she used a H hook (5.0) but if you are a tight hooker (haha) like I am then I suggest the I hook.

Worsted weight yarn (I used Red Heart Super Saver, Hot pink)


Terms - CH (chain) SC (single crochet) DC (double crochet) SL ST (slip stitch) DC2TOG (double crochet 2 together, basically you are skipping a stitch)


  • Ch 45
  • 1) SC in 2nd chain from hook, SC all the way across (45)
  • 2) CH 2, turn, DC across (45)
  • 3) CH 1, turn, SC across (45)
  • 4) Turn, SL ST, next 10 sts, CH 2, 
  • 5) DC next st, DC, next 23 st, leave rest unworked ( now you will have 24 DC in middle)
  • 6) CH 2, turn, DC across (24)
  • 7) CH 2, turn, DC2TOG, DC 20sts, DC2TOG (22)
  • 8) CH 2, turn, DC2TOG, DC 18sts, DC2TOG (20)
  • 9) CH 2, turn, DC2TOG, DC 16sts, DC2TOG (18)
  • 10) CH 2, turn, DC2TOG, DC 14sts, DC2TOG (16)
  • 11) CH 2, turn, DC2TOG, DC 12sts, DC2TOG (14)
  • 12) CH 2, turn, DC2TOG, DC 10sts, DC2TOG (12)
  • 13-20) CH 2, turn, DC across (do not fasten off). (12)

Finish:
Ch1, SC around.
Fasten off, Weave in ends.

Button or snap in center of the front flap (make sure its small/big enough that it can go between the DC)




Only thing I really did different in the stitches was actually an accident. I added an extra stitch in step 5 so I was working with odd numbers the whole way down. No biggie =)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the pattern :D) It was super easy to make and I think it will make a great addition to the baby set of things I have made for my mother in laws friend due in a few weeks!! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the diaper cover!! I made one myself! I put a link to your post on my blog, hope that's ok! http://icrochetstuff.blogspot.nl/2013/04/luierbroekje-speedo.html

    ReplyDelete